Mom Boss Series: Reintroduction
Long time, no see.
I’ve been hanging out on Instagram, but I haven’t been publishing here lately.
As you can see, my blog has undergone many changes… and so have I.
It’s been two whole years since I last posted to the Mom Boss Series. And I would like to share what I’ve been up to.
- Rebranded: I’m writing under my real name now. No more pen name! Woohoo!
- Birthed a human: I now have a two-year-old and a six-year-old! Why does time have to go by so quickly?
- Founded a community: My friend, Denise Castro, and I founded the Virtual Mom Collective at the start of the pandemic to help mothers adjust to #thisnewnormal, and will continue to provide that support for mothers at home, in business, and beyond!
- Given back: I’m on the Advisory Board of the Women for Success Nonprofit, and we are working to create generational change so self-identifying women can define success on their own terms.
- Kicked ass in business: I have so many awesome clients that I have had to start referring clients to some of my trusted business allies. And I was a speaker at 2 conferences!
- Reorganized my priorities: Life got hectic, and I put this series aside. But now, I am more committed and ready to bring you more #mombosses, and highlight the women who have inspired and taught me almost everything I know about starting a business while also being a mom.
My Plans for the Mom Boss Series
My plans for this series have changed a lot. Like with blogging, I started this series for fun, but with the intention that someday, I could make it something bigger. The few moms I interviewed for this series helped me gain the confidence to start my own business. And as a result, I became so busy practicing what I learned (plus doing all the stuff above) that this project fell by the wayside.
Now, I approach this series with the intention of making it into a book for that mom who is just like I was two years ago. The mom who struggles with crippling imposter syndrome. The one who won’t or can’t make the moves to make her entrepreneurial dream come true. I do it to help my dearest lovely mom friend find herself, her voice, and her business.
I’m rebooting the series with an interview I’ve had in the queue for the duration of my hiatus.
And so, without further ado, I am so ready and honored to present to you Mom Boss Macy!